Thank you for choosing General Dentistry and Implantology of Canandaigua and welcome to our practice! We’ve made it our priority to create a comfortable environment where you can feel confident in the level of dental services you receive. We promise to give you the best possible care in a kind and gentle manner.
During your first visit, our objective is to get to know you better, to become familiar with your past dental experiences and to establish a treatment plan that will best meet your current needs.
What to Expect During Your First Visit
- Meet the staff and tour the office
- Have an examination of your teeth and gums including an oral cancer screening
- Have us take any necessary dental radiographs and dental photographs.
- Have a professional Dental Hygiene Cleaning in most cases
- Discuss the best ways to meet your oral health goals
When you arrive for your first visit, please be prepared to complete all health information forms. (Download Forms) Also, please assist us by providing the following information:
- Any X-rays taken within the past six months.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your insurance card.
- A complete list of your medications including vitamins and supplements.
Your initial exam will last approximately one hour. Your doctor will perform a thorough exam. In most cases, we will also clean your teeth if you don’t require extensive dental work. Generally, X-rays will be taken, allowing your doctor to examine your mouth for teeth decay, periodontal problems, jaw problems and any signs of oral cancer. These diagnostic records will help your doctor provide an evaluation outlining any existing dental problems and proposed treatment. We encourage you to ask questions. We’ll be glad to discuss any concerns you may have.
We believe that good dental care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments, and any symptoms present that may require treatment from a specialist. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal – keeping your smile beautiful and your teeth, gums and jaw joints healthy!